Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Birth Control...

Unfortunately, since I'm not presently a student, I have no recent professor quotations to publish on this blog. But we can't let Becca do all the work here, so I've pulled out some old material.

A professor of mine who is a former Roman Catholic describes the reaction of her college's Catholic Club to the pope's proclamation that Catholic women should not use birth control:
[We wrote] an article with the suggestion that all the Catholic women bring their birth control pills to church to give to the nuns to string together to use as rosary beads. The bishop stopped our newspaper.

2 comments:

Becca said...

That's hilarious. That's not from an English professor with the initials M. K., is it?

mel said...

Nope. Business professor, K.W.

I do have a few gems from my one semester with M.K. that may get up here eventually.