Thursday, September 21, 2006

My apologies...

... I had two classes over the past two days with entertaining professors, but I didn't have my laptop out to live-blog their comments. So I'm going to indulge in a rather lengthy post. Sorry. (Not really.)

  • "[Scientists] all think they're so smart, but eventually a tax person will get the best of them. Because we know arithmetic, and they know differential equations."
  • "Seven minus ten equals zero. That's exactly right. No, really!" (ed.--this had to do with taxes, so it really was right)
  • "The way the tax law works is, they're gonna say, 'Is there any way we can tax these retained earning as dividends?'"
  • "I'm putting on my border collie suit here and I'll nip at your heels on this for the rest of the semester."
  • "And I don't want you all going around naked or looking like you don't know what's going on because you've been in my class." (ed.--I have no idea where that came from!)
  • "Any CEO who has a nickname like 'Chainsaw,' uh, it's probably not only a company you don't want to work for; it's probably a company you don't want to audit."
  • Re: hackers lowballing to get janitorial contracts: "Think about it. You're cleaning out trash cans, but you can clean out the company's bank accounts at the same time."
  • Prof: "We have a lot of people sick--mono, strep throat--" Student: "Bird flu." Prof: "What? ... Oh, bird flu. I thought you said 'birthdays.' Like, twenty-first birthdays, maybe."
  • "The KGB is still all over the U.S., is my understanding. I'm paranoid. ... O'Reilly said it last night, so it must be true, right?"

No comments: